Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Proud Mommy Moment!

I had a phone conference with the school psychologist, school counselor, Alexis' teacher and the gifted teacher today. I had already received the results from Lexi's psychological/iq tests that she had this summer. She scored very high, 139 on the nonverbal portion of the tests, still higher than average on the verbal as well. Apparently geometric shapes, numerical sequences...things of that nature are her strong point as well as memory exercises. According to her former teachers and current teacher she is a very intellectual child....or as the counselor said...a smart cookie. ;).

The gifted teacher will basically have Lexi all day on Wednesdays and has designed a program specifically to suit her strengths. She will be in class with other 1st and 2nd graders and they will get to do some group projects as well.

I'm so proud of my little girl and hope she enjoys this program.
So...yeah, I'm bragging about my oldest daughter...but it's my blog, right?

2 comments:

w and js mommy said...

I WOULD VERY PROUD AND BRAG ALL YOU WANT MAMA!

The Burleys said...

Congrats, Lexi! And congrats to Mommy and Daddy - after all, it's your genes that made her so smart! :)