Sunday, October 10, 2010

Back to School

Well...I talked to a school, Argosy University, out of Sarasota (about a 2 hour drive). I am speaking with the head of the Psych department on Tuesday or Wednesday morning. Then, I think I am going to go ahead and start the application process. Wish me luck! I have considered many avenues....from nursing to teaching....and I feel this will be my best option. The good news is they offer 3, 4 and 5 year options for the school psych program. I can do most of it online, having to report to campus a few times each semester. The bad news....it's going to cost me an arm and a leg. Seriously! But, for our family I really feel the best option would be for me to continue my education and have a job in the school system. I want the holidays off and summers off with my kids and I want a normal schedule. If I do this Tony can either keep doing what he's doing, if he chooses, or at least have more flexibility to choose a job that offers better hours than a restaurant.

No quick fix...that's for sure! But, hopefully I will be in school as of August of next year!!! I am excited and nervous at the same time. I haven't had to be a professional or a student in so long I am not even sure I remember how. I haven't had to write anything to be read seriously in so long I may need help remembering the rules! But....I really am excited!

No comments: