Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My world...

What's going on in my world lately? Obviously not a whole lot of blogging, lol. I am much too lazy for that. ;-)
Let's see: Alivia just turned 6...how crazy is that?!? We had a great birthday party for her: puppy themed, with tons of games and a fabulous pink poodle cake. Alivia loves all things puppy..pet shops, pillow pets, puppy clothes...you name it. She is in kindergarten this year and is doing very well. She loves her teacher and other than the occasional irritation over homework, seems to really like school. Her teacher, Mrs. O'Neill seems to be a great fit for her and has nothing but positive things to say about Liv. Livia is still dancing away, her 3rd year in dance with the same teacher.

Lexi will be 8 in December and not to be outdone by her sister, is already busy helping to plan her own spectacular party. She was tested for gifted this summer and will be starting that program here in the next few weeks. Amazingly she has an off the charts aptitude nonverbally. I can say, she didn't get that from her mama. ;-)...verbally, well that would be a different story.
She is on the swim team and is doing very well. Her backstroke is unbelievable and her dedication is admirable. I hope she continues to love swimming and competing. The meets, which are a couple of times a month are nervewracking (for me) and rewarding for her.
Lexi's teacher isn't my favorite...while good at teaching her subject areas, she's as warm as a piece of ice. I guess not everyone is warm and cuddly. Regardless of her personality, Lexi is doing well and we are so proud of her. She is making good choices and above and beyond her good grades, she is kindhearted and has good manners (which, let's face it...is a rarity).

Allie Cat is in K-3 this year 3 days a week, doing gymnastics and her first year of dance. She is just precious in her little leotard and seems to enjoy it. She is learning and loves her new school. At this point, her favorite part is the playground. She is having a tough time being 3...a battle of the wills right now. She'll get through it though. She loves babies. She is currently enthralled with all things Dora. I have no idea why...she never watches it on tv. She wants anything and everything advertised on tv. She learned how to swim this summer and can jump in and swim all over our pool.

Domenick...keeps us on our toes. He's heck on wheels most of the time. He is currently in love with balls and trucks. He loves pretending to cook in his little kitchen. If you give him a handful of cookies, he will stuff the entire handful into his mouth at once. He loves playing outside and has recently learned how to go down the slide by himself. He loves giving kisses and says "wub u" now. He is now sleeping in a big boy bed all night! He's so different from my girls and I love that I get to experience being a mama to a boy too.

I am 10 weeks away from giving birth to Lainey and getting my tubes tied! Yikes! I am still babysitting for 7 more weeks. I am doing well and have enjoyed having Tony home for the last 10 months, minus his few deployments. I am organizing a consignment sale for March of next year and planning on starting online classes for a master's in school psychology in August.
Tony just started a new job with TooJay's deli as a manager...just, as in Monday...so we'll be getting used to him working lots again, though not as much as when he worked at Chili's. At least he won't be gone for 4-5 weeks at a time though, and employer benefits are such a plus to have again.

So...that's what's going on in our world for now. In 10 weeks there will be more...and Christmas will be only 10 days away. ;-) And next year there will be even more still. I am so thankful for my family and friends though and if being busy and having a lot on my plate are my biggest issues...well, I surely can't complain!

No comments: