Saturday, November 20, 2010

Reflections of a Mommy

This year my Alexis informed me that she would love a pedicure for her birthday, which is in 2 weeks....not just her toes painted, but a real pedicure. She will be 8 and is not too many years away from being taller than I am. Well, it just so happens that this weekend my other children are with my parents, since Lexi has a swim meet in Orlando.

So, last night Lexi and I got a date night. We each had a pedicure, which she loved! Then, we went to a pizza place that is similar to Chuck e Cheese and had dinner and played a few games. What a nice time we had.

She really makes me so proud and I admit that I don't tell her often enough. I am constantly making sure she remembers manners, remembers to pick up after herself, remembers homework, is respectful....so many things that I do feel are so important. But, I don't want her memories to be of only those things. I want her to remember how much I really love her and love spending time with her. She is blossoming into a child any parent would be proud of. I pray she continues on the path she is on. She has such potential! I also pray the years slow down a little ;-)...these last 8 years have flown by. In the next 8, she will be driving a car! Yikes! The days go slowly sometimes, but the years just go too fast! I am in no hurry for my little girl(s) and boy to grow up! The chaos, messes, headaches, busyness...is nothing compared to the giggles, hugs, kisses, love.

No comments: