Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mom, Wife, Friend, Chef, Maid, Taxi Driver....

Of course I wear many hats these days...those are just a few.

And, as of May I will also be a student again. I got accepted into the Master's program for school psychology today!!!!!

I am relieved, excited, nervous...and I am sure the list will grow as May approaches.

At one time...many, many years ago, I thought I would get my master's in psychology or possibly my PhD. Well, life took me in a totally different direction...one I couldn't possibly have known or prepared for....marriage and 5 children. I have absolutely no regrets about this path. I love being a wife and mother and all that entails.

For the past 6 years I have been a stay at home mom and that has been a huge blessing for our family. Here and there I have held side jobs, such as my current babysitting gig...but, basically my priority has been to stay home for our children. I honestly never seriously thought about going back to work or going back to school for a career. However, that's the new path my life is taking. And, I really am so excited!

I am not naive. I know it will be difficult to juggle everything while in school and once I start working (4 years down the road). But, I have a great support system....and I really can't wait to be involved in some really thought provoking, challenging, intellectual studies.

1 comment:

The Burleys said...

Congrats!! Lots of hard work ahead, but I know you'll do great! :)