Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My girlies...

They were beautiful in their play/dance recital this past week. Alexis had several lines in her spring play and did such a great job. Alivia had her last dance recital of the year...and really, is there anything cuter than little girls dressed up in leotards and tights, in costumes and shaking their hips. I will miss this preschool for her next year...the nurturing nature of these ladies is different than her school next year. I so wish we could afford private school for our girls. There are many good things to be said about our school here, but nurturing/Biblically based are not 2 adjectives to be used.

Lexi also tried out for swim team and made it! She has always been my little fishy. The coach said she has a very advanced stroke for her age! And...most importantly, Lex really enjoys swimming. It is just a summer swim team, so we will see how it goes before deciding if this is something she would like to continue.

Alexis is also being tested for gifted. She loves school and is reading faster/comprehending more than a 3rd grader. She also loves math right now and is adding/subtracting triple digits. It blows my mind what they learn in 1st grade these days.

Anyway...I am just so proud of my little mini-me's. Above all, they are sweet-natured, really well-behaved (most of the time), respectful kids. I do believe that a lot of that is due to the fact that we are very selective about what tv they are allowed to watch...basically only pbs and sprout...no big kid shows at all. Also, I am not tolerant of a sassy attitude in the least...so we are very consistent about discipline when we encounter that.

No comments: