Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Exhaustion and Nausea and Bloating, Oh My!

You guessed it. We are expecting our 6th and absolute final baby. Haha, I know we have said this before, but this time I am SERIOUS! I never saw myself as a mom to so many children. It wasn't what I set out to do and truth be told, we had decided to stop. I had an appointment coming up next Monday to determine our next step. Well, we were just a little too late. I am not sure how far along I am because I was nursing Alaina, our 11 month old and I have not had a post-partum cyle as of yet. If I had to guess I would say between 6 and 8 weeks. My first appointment will be December 5th and I will find out then.
All the questions people have for us, like how in the world do you find time to make a baby? How do you afford all of them? How do you give them enough attention? WELL...we just do. I get asked these types of questions very regularly with our 5 and I am sure with 6 it will be even more frequent and invasive. But, the truth is, most days I don't feel like we have a ton of kids. We get along just fine. They are kids, so they have trying moments and fighting and being bull-headed, but they really are really good kids. We discipline and teach and train and spend time with them trying to create good, solid individuals. We are not perfect, but we do our best to meet each person's needs.
We were not expecting to be pregnant. In fact, I signed up for 3 classes in the spring to get a little ahead. HAHA. Now, 2 is definitely the max for me for a while. I may actually have to take summer off. It does throw a curveball into my plans because I had planned to begin practicum next fall and TA for a class. Now, I don't see how that would be possible.
I was a little sad at first because I am a planner. When things go off course a bit, it throws me for a loop. But, that's life, right? I have thought about it and so what if I finish a year later than planned? Or so what if I get an EdS instead of a PsyD? My true job is to raise these little people and that is what matters the most to me.
I will still finish! I say that because I am a mom, but I also have other dreams and I fully believe that is a-okay. Also, quite honestly, when they are all teenagers and beyond, I have no doubt we will need me to have an income. Babies are cheap! Big kids are expensive!!!
We are so blessed though and are able to provide for these children emotionally, mentally and physically.

So, December 5th we shall find out how far along we are and when we are due. I will also plan my tubal...no ifs ands or buts this time!!! We are at capacity for our home and our van. I am hoping to go in there and be 12 weeks already. If so, I will find out what we are having at our next appointment! How cool is that?

So, be happy for us and think we are crazy if you want. We are happy and maybe even a little crazy.

No comments: